Metropolitan Community Church of the Blue Ridge
Minister of Music
The Minister of Music ministry position is based on no more than 10 hours a week for the fulfillment of the responsibilities listed below. The Minister of Music will report and consult with the Worship Committee and the Board of Directors if the Pastor is absent.
1. Coordinate the music ministry of the church which includes:
The Choir, the Skittles Band, music and worship planning established in consultation
with the Pastor
2. Coordinate music for worship, in consultation with the Pastor
3. Serve as pianist for worship
4. Meet or correspond weekly with the Pastor for worship planning and coordination
5. Plan and lead weekly rehearsal with Choir and Band (at a mutually agreed time with participants). Currently, rehearsal is held on Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30 am in the sanctuary.
6. Plan and lead occasional additional rehearsals (at a mutually agreed time with
participants). Currently, these rehearsals correspond with the Christmas and Easter
7. Plan and lead music for special services in consultation with the Pastor. The Pastor serves as supervisor for the Minister of Music. Any work-related notification (request for days off, coordination of vacation, etc.) should be corresponded with the Pastor.
Terms of employment:
· Four Sundays off per calendar year (other Sundays are negotiable based on consultation with the Pastor and ability to secure substitute for those Sundays).
· Position is part-time, and salary is up to $300 per month
For more information, please contact the church at 540-344-4444